“Sell the problem you solve. Not the product you make”
Overview of the topics to be covered here:
- What is Marketing?
- Know your Target
- CATT Marketing Funnel
- Integrated Digital Marketing Workflow
- Tips for better conversion rate
- Personal Branding: Mass Trust Blueprint- Benefits of Personal Branding:
- Master the communication and writing skills
So Are you about to begin Fundamentals of digital marketing?
While doing so is an important decision to make for your business, it can also be challenging to determine whether you are truly ready and passionate to start your digital career.
With this in mind, I thought it would be helpful to put together my learning and knowledge that I learned from my ex-colleague, friend and one and only my digital guru Mr. Deepak Kanakaraju (CEO & Co-founder @ PixelTrack Digital / Blogger @ DigitalDeepak.com)
Disclaimer: This may be a little long.
But, I promise you, it’s worth it. When you reach the end, let me know if it was.
Well! if you are ready to learn then you are welcome to take a look of the said article of mine and get familiar with the basics of marketing and tips to achieve your goal.
So let’s begin with basic details.
What is marketing?
Marketing is an essential element for every business. It can be that one missing piece of the puzzle, and when it fits the big picture is revealed. Marketing is a department of management that tries to design strategies that will build profitable relationships with target consumers.
Here are the marketing basics that you need to know before we dig into detail:
- Outline your “why” — what makes you different
- Know your weaknesses in addition to your strengths
- Write relevant content (not just lots of it)
- Research, not hunches, should define your strategy
- Segment your audience into sub-groups
- Understand your competition’s strengths
Marketers must also be ready to answer below important questions.
- What philosophy is the best for a company in setting marketing strategies?
- What will be the importance for organization, customers and society’s interests?
To answer the above queries let’s jump into the detailed explanations of the The Fundamentals of marketing:
To begin with let’s understand what’s the first step to be kept in mind.
Know your Target
“ If you nail positioning and targeting, the rest falls into place”- Philip Kotler
Find the answer for– Who are you trying to reach? Have you identified your niche? What do they look like? What do they do? What do they read? Where can you find them?
Now you must be wondering What is Niche ?and “How do you choose your Niche?”
Niche: A niche market is the subset of the market on which a specific product is focused. The market niche defines the product features aimed at satisfying specific market needs, as well as the price range, production quality and the demographics that it is intended to target.
Passion +Market= Lots of opportunities but no real sales offer
Passion +Talent= Struggling artist
Market +Talent= Passionless Jobs
Clearly, all 3 scenarios are not optimal. So you need to have a combination of all 3 skills in order to become a successful marketer. So “How to Achieve Passion+Market+Talent ?”
Step 1: Know your passion
Step 2: Study the market related to your passion
Step 3: Adapt your passion to serve the market
Step 4:Equip yourself with the talent to succeed
Step 5: And finally execute and Fine Tune
Now since you know your strength and have identified your “Niche” now lets understand how do we execute sales through CATT funnel.
CATT Marketing Funnel:
Times are changing, and in today’s highly-competitive world generating sales can be an elusive goal. But with a well-designed online sales funnel you can automate the process for highest conversions and ROI.
Each of the sales funnel stages has an impact on consumer behavior. You need to know them intimately.
By knowing each step, you can use tactics to improve the number of people that go from one step to the next.
Let’s dive in further to understand HOW?
CATT is a sales funnel that will help you to build the mass trust of your customers with the help of Digital Marketing. The full form of CATT is Content, Attention, Trust, and Transaction
- Wealth= n^CATT
- [n] Niche: Your Success & Wealth depends on the niche you choose
- [C] Content : Create useful content that attracts people from your niche. Blog posts, videos, lead magnets, live webinars etc.
- [A] Attention: Drive attention(traffic) to your content using SEO, Social Media, Paid Ads and Referrals.
- [T]Trust :Build trust with your audience with trip wires, marketing automation and re-targeting.
- [T]Transaction : Convert your leads into customers with natural sales methods
The CATT funnel is widely used in marketing and advertising to improve your content marketing strategy and drive sales for all sizes of businesses. It helps companies to identify the sequence of events that occur from the time when a potential customer first becomes aware of the existence of a particular product to the time when he/she decides to make a purchase decision of that product.
Hope you are aligned with me so far.
Now lets understand what is Integrated Digital Marketing workflow and also learn few tips for the better conversion rate.
Integrated Digital Marketing Workflow
Once you know who makes up your target audience, you’ll need to determine how best to reach them. Integrated marketing strategies create a unified experience across all platforms.
Some of the most prominent channels include:
You’ll likely need to use more than one type of marketing, but try not to spread your resources too thin. It’s better to have one or two robust channels than to have five un optimized marketing campaigns.
Tips for better conversion rate
- “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it”– Simon Sinek. So understand why and how your audience uses technology and then start trying to align your communications efforts.
- Send right message, to the right person, at the right time.
- Tailor your message and reach the pain points of those you are looking to serve. More is not necessarily better. Focus is always better. For instance the pitch line for selling toys to 70-year-old customer who is buying the product for their granddaughter is not the same as the granddaughter who buys it for herself.
- Speak to your audience in their language about what’s in their heart.
- Keep in mind below sales & marketing math equation to :
a) Helpful Content + Timing = Trust
b) Trust + Consistent Support = Great Relationships
c)Great Relationships + Ongoing Delight = Sustainable Revenue
- Instead of using technology to automate processes, think about using technology to enhance human interaction. Avoid heavy jargon’s, machine interaction, instead write like you would talk to a friend, personalize the communication as if reader feels that you are interacting with them directly( 1n1). “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.”
- Know your audience like the back of your hand.
- Try to have answer for this -Why will they purchase what we offer? Why will they object?
- Show them- Don’t just tell
- Also nurturing relationships with existing customers can get your repeat business, more sales, and greater revenue. Plus it’s much cheaper to retain existing customers then it is to acquire new ones.
Personal Branding: Mass Trust Blueprint
People often describe a strong personal brand as a magnet that attracts clients, job offers and opportunities. That’s because personal branding shows people you are the only solution to their problem. Building your brand is an essential part of marketing capabilities, but it’s not just choosing colors and using a few buzzwords.
Your brand should includes:
We all create impact on the world around us — through our choices, the quality of our relationships and our behavior. Realizing this impact, and making efforts to increase the positive aspects, can help us all to feel more fulfilled.
With Deep Marketing you can…
- Connect with your customers on a deeper level
- Get high-quality attention using high-quality content
- Trust is built from the attention. Because this attention is with consent.
- The trust can be leveraged into convincing customers to do a transaction.
Deep marketing is something invented by Digital Deepak but is very relevant in today’s generation. He is an expert in his niche. He runs a Digital marketing agency called Pixel Track Digital Pvt. Ltd. To know more about Deep Marketing, kindly enroll here.
Benefits of Personal Branding:
- People trust you more
- You have a much higher perceived value
- You are differentiated from the competition
- You are always 100% authentic
- You are the “go-to” person in your area of expertise for your specific audience
- You are known as an expert in your field
- You attract ideal opportunities
Master the communication and writing skills:
Communication is a big asset it gives you courage speaking confidently and equipping you to put right words into someone brain. Also it is one of the most effective skills you can cultivate as a business leader. Below are the few tips to enhance your communication skill:-
- Listening: To communicate effectively, first listen to what others have to say. Then you can provide a thoughtful answer that shows you have taken those ideas into account.
- Reading will enrich your vocabulary and it will also give you something new to talk about. Read whatever you enjoy such as -stories, novels, the newspaper. anything you feel like. This way you’ll learn new expressions and enhance your vocabulary.
- Practicing: The more you do it, the more you realize that it is not hard at all.
- Writing and thinking: The more you write, the more you improve writing skills and better you can write. Practice to write at least 500 words in a day that will make you perfect in writing. Also when you are thinking something, instead of thinking in your mother or regional language, try to think in English.
- Watching: Start watching English news, movies, talk shows, shows on Netflix like Crown, Friends and so forth. Copy the speakers’ way of speaking. Sing along when watching advertisements with English jingles, also keep a diary and pen handy and note down the new and fancy words. After a time you will see the difference in your fluency.
Staying up-to-date with the latest marketing trends
A good marketer never stops learning.
Though the fundamentals of marketing may remain steady over time, the specific strategies businesses deploy are affected by a number of factors, such as:
How do you forecast these changes? They can shift gradually over long periods of time, especially in the case of technology adoption. You can’t just put a finger to the wind and determine what the next trend will be.
How to stay on top of marketing trends
- Know the competition. Keep abreast of how your competitors market and sell their products or services.
- Set up trend alerts. Use a Google Trends alert to watch search interest about certain topics over time.
- Read industry news, books.
- Head to exhibitions and conferences
- Get customer feedback.
- Be open to change
- Build a network
- Pay Attention to the Big Brands
Staying ahead of digital marketing trends is easy when you know how. From one month to the next, a certain technique can go from being a best practice to an obsolete strategy. So carve out some time in your schedule to stay up to date on trends and don’t let the industry surpass you.
Further reading: The best marketing books to have on your shelf
- This is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See by Seth Godin
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Content: The Atomic Particle of Marketing by Rebecca Lieb
- Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital by Philip Kotler
- The Art of Digital Marketing by Ian Dodson
- The 7 Critical Principles of Effective Digital Marketing by Kasim Aslam
- Building a Story Brand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
On an ending note, I would say anybody who is trying to learn to do marketing is you have to niche yourself down to into a specific industry…if you pick something, be the best at it.
“Marketing’s job is never done. It’s about perpetual motion. We must continue to innovate every day.” –Beth Comstock,
I hope that you enjoyed reading this article and I was successful to raise your “Yearning for Strategic Digital Marketing?”
Don’t forget to share this article if you liked it, and leave a comment and share your feedback; it’s what keeps me improving.
Looking forward to your comments and review on it.
Thank You for reading this article.
Thanks and Regards,